Imagine this scene in our house:
I say, "Okay, c'mon kids, it's time to go." Then you would hear moans and groans, you'd hear them ask, "do I need a coat?" and now, you would also hear a noise that says, "ching, ching, ching." That would be CADE getting money from his ATM!!!!!!! He meets up with us at the front door with loaded pockets and a grin on his face.
He received a personal ATM for Christmas, complete with an ATM card and pass code. He makes deposits and withdraws like a little man. They did not have school on Friday so we ran errands most of the day. We were leaving Wal Mart and the Subway was calling his name! He asked if he could buy his own lunch and I said yes. So I stayed at a distance and watched him get in line, order his meal and pay for it. When we got home, you could hear him make a deposit. How does he earn his money you ask? Well, being a mother with sonar ears, I heard Cole and Aubrey ask him to play 'hide and seek'. He declined, until Aubrey offered to pay him. She said, "I'll pay you two 5's." I don't know if he ever got paid, but they all laughed and played until Rose caught on. At that point, they each got mad because she ratted everyone out.
Mmmm, mmmmm, we ate great food on Saturday. We went to reintroduce ourselves to the Prairie House. It's bbq in Roanoke. But not bbq that is all smothered in sauce...just smoked greatness. AND I had their cobbler for the first time. Peach cobbler. I made Robert a peach cobbler for Father's Day and now that I can compare it to something I know he had a major poker face going on that day. :0)
Monday, January 19, 2009
Cha Ching
Posted by Darlene- and hopefully Robert sometimes. at 7:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment